“Demystifying Genetics” Podcast Guest Ellen Matloff
Our President/CEO, Ellen Matloff was a guest host on Austrailian Genetic Counselor Matthew Burgess’ podcast, “Demystifying Genetics” for a Hereditary Breast and Ovarian Cancer Awareness themed episode. Patients advocates join Matthew later in the program to share their experiences.
Their discussion explored…
- The role of the genetic counselor and their role in the ordering and interpretation of genetic results.
- What a gene is and what variants in a gene means
- My Gene Counsel’s Living Lab Reports
- Hereditary cancer testing including BRCA1 & BRCA2
- APOE testing and dementia
- Gene patents
- Case studies of misinterpretation of genetic results due to no genetic counselor being involved