Call for Genetic Counseling Cases: Errors in Genetic Test Ordering and Interpretation
Photo Credit: Iron Gate Equine
Calling all Genetic Counselors:
We are collecting genetic counseling cases that highlight errors in ordering, counseling, and/or interpretation of genetic testing for peer-reviewed publication. We are particularly interested in receiving cases from lab-based genetic counselors.
- Send a 1-page description of the case, the error, potential or actual harm and costs, and resolution, if reached.
- In addition to the summary, we strongly encourage the inclusion of a pedigree, when possible.
- All PHI must be excluded.
- Include your name and email address with the submission. However, if you wish anonymity, you may later opt-out of authorship on the publication and your name will be kept confidential.
- You may submit more than 1 case.
- Send submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject heading, “Errors Case Submission.”
Cases must be received by May 15, 2018.