Top 13 Reasons to Consider Vaccinating Your Teenage Daughter for HPV
1. Virgins can get the Human Papilloma Virus (HPV).
2. You don’t have to be promiscuous to get HPV.
3. The HPV vaccine has been well-tested by the FDA and CDC and is considered safe for healthy girls.
4. HPV can cause cancer of the mouth, throat and tongue.
5. HPV can cause cancer of the vagina and vulva.
6. HPV can cause cancer of the tonsils.
7. HPV can cause cancer of the anus.
8. HPV can cause cancer of the cervix.
9. HPV can cause genital warts.
10. You can’t see who has HPV and its not picked up by standard STD screening.
11. The best time to vaccinate against HPV is before a person is sexually active.
12. HPV is common – most sexually-active adults who have not been vaccinated will acquire HPV at some time in their lives.
13. This vaccine will help prevent her from spreading the HPV virus, and perhaps the development of cancer, to her future partner.
Photo by Pabak Sarkar, via Flickr.